Sunday, March 11, 2007

Tom Selene -- In the Arms of Eris

This is getting depressing, writing about friends who have died. I'd been wondering about former AnarchoVillage inhabitant Tom Selene, on whom I'd based a character in my novel The Jehovah Contract. I tried ZabaSearch, but that turned up nothing (not surprising, when trying to find an anarchist). I Googled his name and found this mention of him from Rancho Todos Santos, which mentions that he passed into the waiting arms of Eris, goddess of Chaos, on June 26th, 2006.

Tom was a valuable source of information about pharmaceuticals and the Ordo Templi Orientis. In fact (if I recall correctly), it was through Tom that I first met my friends in the OTO (Lon DuQuette, et al.)

He was a colorful figure, full of joy and life, and once told me that when he worked as a perfusionist, he had the opportunity to hold a living human heart in his hands and felt the true magnificence of Life.

"Unto them from whose eyes the veil of life hath fallen may there be granted the accomplishment of their true Wills; whether they will absorption in the Infinite, or to be united with their chosen and preferred, or to be in contemplation, or to be at peace, or to achieve the labour and heroism of incarnation on this planet or another, or in any Star, or aught else, unto them may there be granted the accomplishment of their wills; yea, the accomplishment of their wills. AUMGN. AUMGN. AUMGN."

So mote it be.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.
Constance and I are deeply saddened to learn of the transition of our friend and lodge brother the Rev. Thomas A. Selene. He was one of the most colorful and memorable characters we have ever had the pleasure of knowing. Although we had not seen him in many years, he would call from time to time and encourage us to visit him in Mexico. It was just a comfort to know he was still out there being Tom. I guess he’s still out there being Tom, we just won’t plan on the phone calls. He will be remembered in the Collects of the next Gnostic Mass we attend.
Love is the law, love under will.
Lon and Constance DuQuette

Victor Koman, PhD said...

Lon,
Thank you for the kind words about Tom. I'll miss him most for the memory of all the Merry Pranksterish mischief in which he and I engaged.

Anonymous said...

.'.93.'.

Just thought you'd like to know ... I visited your blog to read about the Greater Feast of Tom Selene, only to find I was your 666th visitor. Interesting.

Victor Koman, PhD said...

Instead of saying "ROTFL", I'll just say "You got me on my knees, Laylah!"