The Triumph of Feminism
Well, here's I post I didn't realize was sitting around for months, so here it is a little belatedly, but just as timely...
Tammy Skinner, of Suffolk, Virginia, killed her own child by shooting herself in the abdomen as she went into labor. Just as with partial-birth abortion, a fully formed and indisputably viable baby died. This, despite the fact that she could have surrendered the child minutes after birth to a hospital or firehouse. She stood trial and was acquitted. I'm sure feminists would hail this as a victory for the constitutionally protected act of Woman's Choice. What a woman. What a choice.
As I portrayed in my novel Solomon's Knife, the pro-abortion/anti-abortion dichotomy can be resolved if we break down the act into a four-way choice:
- keep the fetus in the woman (normal birth)
- kill and expel the fetus (abortion)
- expel the fetus without killing it (abandonment)
- transfer the fetus from one woman to another (transoption)
- People who would force a woman to continue her pregnancy to birth
- People who demand the death of the fetus
- People who would condone a pregnancy termination if it didn't kill the fetus
- People who would accept letting the fetus live if they could freely terminate the pregnancy